Article Directories have been around for many years, but they have recently become more popular due to a surge of success in article marketing. Article marketing is essentially the act of writing about one’s own business. In the past, these articles were submitted to newspapers and other forms of print with the theory being that the more people read about your company, the more they would be in the minds of the company’s target audience.
In recent years it has become more relevant with the ability to link articles to a home page and increase Search Engine Optimization or SEO. There are now a number of article directories out there that will host articles for just about anything you can think of. In fact, thousands are being published every day for free and it has become a critical part of any online campaign.
1. The undisputed kind of article directories is called Ezine Articles.com. This is where every person should start submitting their articles for SEO. Articles on this directory are often given particular credence by the major search engines because they take extra time to make sure the articles are original content. This article directory has a PR, or Page Rank of 6. It has been around since 1999 and has had a constant expansion rate since it went live in November of that year.
2. Another directory that is extremely popular with a PR of 3 is called GoArticles. This article directory site has been on the internet for roughly one year less than Ezine Articles, as it was live in August of 2000. There isn’t much unique about this website, but it does have a large list of original content posted by users covering almost every topic.
3. The third directory you might consider submitting articles to in order to help your SEO is Web Pro News. This article submission website is unique because it is not strictly a database of user content. It also has, as the name implies, a healthy dose of news and information related to Search Engine Optimization and web development. This website as a Page Rank of 6 and has been providing news, articles and SEO tips since February of 2000.
4. Site-reference.com is another article directory site that is basically a combination of the previously discussed directories. This site has a Page Rank of 5, and has been around since September of 2003. In addition to the article bank, this site also offers information and help with respect to SEO, site building, social marketing, and advice on how to write a successful blog.
5. Another major website with a PR rank of 5 is articledashboard.com. This site, founded in late July of 2005, is another article directory mega-site. It has articles in hundreds of categories covering everything from cars to martial arts. If you can’t find an acceptable category to place your original article here, you probably can’t find a much better alternative.
Some other directories that should be mentioned and submitted to for SEO purposes:
1. Articlesbase.com – Page Rank of 6 and created in September 2005
2. Articlewheel.com – Page Rank of 3 and created in April of 2006
3. Articleshub.org – Page Rank of 3 and also offers Press Release service
4. Submityournewarticle.com – Page Rank of 3 and created in November 2004
5. Articlerich.com – Page Rank of 3 and created in December of 2005
All of these article directories should be considered when submitting your articles for purposes of starting your SEO. Search engines love backlinks from multiple directories, so it may be a good idea to diversify the number of URL domains you are getting links from. While only 10 were named and described here, there are numerous other great article directories out there that you can include in your article marketing campaign. It is not extremely important that you choose a directory with the highest PR, but it is important that you always provide quality and original content.
In the long run, an article marketing campaign through these directories can be extremely successful. It will take time, but it has proven to be one of the fastest growing and effective types of marketing on the internet. If you haven’t already begun doing it, you should start today and watch your SEO soar!
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates